This Saturday, we have our final Regatta of the season. All boats welcome, single start. Skipper’s meeting at 10:00 on A-dock. This will also be the last day of Sunfish sailing. It might be a fun idea for some Sunfish sailors to get boats out for the Regatta. Or at least sail around the Regatta and see what’s going on.
However, we will also be dealing with the remnants of hurricane Ian. Right now, the forecast is not settled. I expect there will be rain on Saturday, and the current wind forecast is out of the ENE at 11 knots with very strong gusts. Obviously this is subject to change depending on where Ian makes landfall again in Georgia, and will solidify forecasts on Friday. Sunday is expected to be dry, with rain showers back in the area Monday and Tuesday.
Keep your calendars up to date for the end of the season, as we have a lot of things to consider:
– Sunfish people come assist winter storage on Saturday 10/8 after racing concludes
– Last day of Summer dry slips 10/15
– Official Haul Out weekend 10/22 and 10/23
– Last day of marina wet slips 10/31
– Club service project to install dock numbers on ends of piers on Saturday and Sunday 10/29 and 10/30. Bring your screw guns and dinghies!
– First Autumn Banquet in years on Sunday 11/10 at the William Penn Inn. Look for emailed invitations soon!