Club status as of early April

Hi, all you sailors!

I just wanted to drop a quick message to let you know that Nockamixon Sail Club continues in this era of Corona Virus worry. Last night, Fleet Council met via video chat for our regularly scheduled meeting. Can you believe the nerve of some members of Council who didn’t attend because they were “on the ICW bringing a friend’s boat home from the Caribbean?” Really! Not to worry, I had my sailing pram Pokeyboat out on the lake Sunday; socially distant, of course!

Based on the current information we have from Park management, we know that the Park will be closed at least until May 1, and this is subject to orders from the Governor’s office. Since it is possible for this closure to be extended, Fleet Council has decided the most specific we can get scheduling Launch Day is the weekend following Park opening. Until we hear an announcement that the Park is officially opening, all Club events are cancelled or postponed. We will probably try to reschedule cruising events, but racing events are bound by permits and available days to race, so the first two races of the Frostbite Series will be cancelled.

Our next big event is the Up the Lake, Down and Back race and picnic (The ULDB.) We continue to plan for it as scheduled, but we realize this may need to be changed as well once we get closer to the date. Please keep an eye on announcements as we learn more and as the pandemic unfolds.


Commodore Brian

Post a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.